Featuring the first look at Akademos’ recently completed research on the trends and future of textbook services. Learn what leading college CFOs think about the evolving bookstore model and hear from one such leader, Robert Pignatello, on how John Jay College reimagined the college bookstore for the 21st century.
The college bookstore services landscape has been radically transformed over the last few years as students, faculty and administrators are increasingly concerned about the escalating costs of textbooks. Colleges are now searching for new solutions to lower costs and support their core mission of educating students.
Three years ago Akademos completed the first comprehensive survey of college CFOs regarding the future of bookstore services and has just completed an exciting follow-up study addressing critical issues, including:
- Trends in campus bookstore textbook sales
- The number of students not purchasing required materials and why
- The impact of textbook costs on student success, persistence and retention
- The percentage of students leaving their school-sanctioned bookstore and why
- How bookstore services need to change to meet the demands for new learning materials and models
See how these and other important questions begin to be addressed in this special webinar that will prove helpful to college administrators across the country facing these and other related challenges.